DDCUS AWARDED IB MYP DESIGNATION

School receives prestigious MYP authorization

DDCUS awarded MYP accreditation

The Globe, Staff Writer

Downtown Doral Charter Upper School was awarded the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Middle Years Programme (MYP).

The IB World School application is a rigorous process. The IB organization conducts a series of best practices reviews to ascertain that the required IB standards are met and in place by both administration and faculty. The IB credentialing process includes a thorough analysis of the school’s documentation, instructional observations, teacher, student and administrative leadership interviews.  DDUCS currently has a waiting list for the coming academic year. 

The MYP is designed for students aged 11 to 16. The objectives of the designation emphasize a learning framework that links what students are learning in the classroom to the real world, while employing creativity and critical thinking to a greater global context. This practical approach to learning prepares students to make connections across interdisciplinary subjects, anchored on the premise of a common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet. The MYP is offered in 1,258 schools in 108 countries. 

The IB is globally recognized and respected as a comprehensive and challenging curriculum. Founded in 1968, the IB is a non-profit foundation that offers an international education for students from ages 3 – 19. Its focus is to develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills for an independent-thinking student.